[mpich-discuss] Make fails

Walt Brainerd walt.brainerd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:07:04 CDT 2015

Thanks for all the responses, but it wasn't clear whether
it is really possible to build MPICH with cygwin. So I
tried the latest nightly and configure failed. Files attached.

$ tail -20 c.txt
checking for C type matching Fortran double... unavailable
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
expr: non-integer argument
./configure: line 40178: test: : integer expression expected
./configure: line 40183: test: -gt: unary operator expected
./configure: line 40197: test: -lt: unary operator expected
./configure: line 40178: test: : integer expression expected
./configure: line 40183: test: -gt: unary operator expected
./configure: line 40197: test: -lt: unary operator expected
./configure: line 40178: test: : integer expression expected
./configure: line 40183: test: -gt: unary operator expected
./configure: line 40197: test: -lt: unary operator expected
expr: non-integer argument
./configure: line 40246: test: -ge: unary operator expected
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
expr: syntax error
configure: error: Internal Error: Failed to convert MPI_INTEGER value to
hex!  O
riginal value was 0x4c001b

Walt Brainerd