[mpich-discuss] Memory alignment with MPI_Alloc_mem

Marcin Zalewski marcin.zalewski at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 16:37:50 CST 2015

I am using Cray MPT, and I would like to allocate a large region of
memory from which, in turn, I will allocate buffers to be used with
MPI. I am wondering if there is any benefit from allocating that heap
with MPI_Alloc_mem. I would hope that it could be pre-registered for
RDMA, speeding things up. However, I need this memory to have a
specific alignment. Is there a general way in MPICH or maybe a
specific way for MPT to request alignment with MPI_Alloc_mem?

Thanks,
Marcin