[mpich-discuss] Nemesis engine

Viswanath Krishnamurthy writetoviswa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 09:40:35 CDT 2015

Hi All,

I am currently working on MPICH-version 3.1.4 on Ubuntu..
where I get an error stating that

Assertion failed in
file src/mpid/ch3/channels/nemesis/src/ch3_progress.c at Line 252

The actual problem which I face is that currently even if MPI_Sends have
already been dispatched, certain nodes keep waiting for MPI_Recvs which
never arrive at all(Using multithreading). When I referred the internet, my
understanding is that nemesis is written to handle only one thread receive.
Please let me know about the latest patch for nemesis engine or the mpich
version which has the changes.
*src/mpid/ch3/channels/nemesis/src/ch3_progress.c *

Thanks,
Viswanath