[mpich-discuss] Application aborts at runtime

Balaji, Pavan balaji at anl.gov
Mon Jun 15 01:45:16 CDT 2015

It's the other way around — the MPI implementation is allowed to pick whatever upper bound it likes.  The application is required to query this value before assigning the tag value.  Even if MPICH increases this value, some other MPI implementation might not and you'll run into this problem again.

The bottom line is that your application is not compliant with the MPI standard.  You'll need to fix that.

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji