[mpich-discuss] How to deal with Valgrind reporting leaks in MPICH MPI library calls?

Ed Hartnett edwardjameshartnett at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:29:10 CDT 2016

I am using MPICH 3.2, built with: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
--enable-g=mem,dbg,meminit

I am using valgrind 3.11.0.

When I run valgrind on one of my MPI programs, I get a large number of
reported leaks for PMPI_Bcast().

Am I doing something wrong? I thought that this version of MPICH, when used
with configure flag --enable-g=mem,dbg,meminit, would allow valgrind to
work on MPI programs without false positives.

Any suggestion would be helpful.