[mpich-discuss] Problem on Windows

Kanak Datta kanak at umich.edu
Fri Sep 23 13:55:43 CDT 2016

Hi

I am trying to use mpich2 1.4.1 alongside Quantum Espresso 5.3. I have been
using Windows 7 Enterprise version on Intel Xeon processor.

I have followed instructions given in the following link to install mpich2
for windows 7:
http://swash.sourceforge.net/online_doc/swashimp/node9.html

However, when I am trying to execute QE in parallel formation I am getting
the following error:

Unknown option: -localonly

I use the following line to run QE using mpich2:

mpiexec -localonly -np 8 pw <abc.scf.inp>

I don't know what's wrong here.

I can run single execution using QE. However, I have not been able to run
parallel execution. What should I do?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Kanak