[mpich-discuss] MPI_Send and MPI_Bcast

Min Si msi at anl.gov
Wed Sep 7 10:40:30 CDT 2016

Hi Alaa,

Some information is still missing.
- Number of processes per node
- The word document shows you are comparing three algorithms, but you
only mentioned two of them. What is the third one ?
- What is the size of small/medium/large arrays in your experiments ?
- I see Bcast speedup is better than Send in Figure (c), but the numbers
in the table do not show that. What is the number of processes
corresponding to each result in the table ?

Since we do not support MPICH on Windows anymore, perhaps you would like
to use MS-MPI for better performance. If you still observe the same
issue, you can discuss with the Microsoft MPI team.
https://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_can.27t_I_build_MPICH_on_Windows_anymore.3F

Min