[mpich-discuss] Hanging behavior with derived types in a 'user-defined gatherv'

Sewall, Jason jason.sewall at intel.com
Mon Apr 24 14:57:24 CDT 2017

Dear Robert,

That barrier is likely a subordinate call inside the top-level Bcast, no? I don't have any Barriers in the code, as I recall.

The Waitsome issue is indeed what I saw with my printf debugging, although it really only clarified the symptom.

> I hope someone more familiar with the collectives can suggest a fix.
> For now, I've triaged this in issue #2609
>

> https://github.com/pmodels/mpich/issues/2609

Let me know if there is something else I can do to help here.

Cheers,
Jason