[mpich-discuss] Worries with ROMIO on NFS since commit b4ab2f118d

Eric Chamberland Eric.Chamberland at giref.ulaval.ca
Wed Nov 15 14:55:44 CST 2017

Hi,

We are compiling with mpich/master each night since august 2016...

since nov 8, the mpich/master branch is buggy with our nighlty build tests.

Here is the nov 8 config.log:

http://www.giref.ulaval.ca/~cmpgiref/dernier_mpich/2017.11.08.05h36m02s_config.log

For nov 7 the configure log:

http://www.giref.ulaval.ca/~cmpgiref/dernier_mpich/2017.11.07.05h36m01s_config.log

Since nov 8, on a specific ROMIO test, it is hanging indefinitely in
optimized mode, and into DEBUG mode, I have a strange (yet to be
debugged) assertion in our code.

I reran the test manually, and when I wrote the results on a local disk,
everything is fine.

However, when I write over *NFS*, the test is faulty.

I have not yet debugged enough through this, but, I suspect something
related with one of:

MPI_File_write_all_begin
MPI_File_write_all_end
MPI_File_read_all_begin