[mpich-discuss] Verify infiniband communication

Chandler admin at genome.arizona.edu
Tue Jan 23 18:09:20 CST 2018

Hi all,
I configured and installed mpich-3.2.1 on our cluster with Mellanox
infiniband adapters.  I used this command:

./configure --prefix=/opt/mpich-install --with-device=ch3:nemesis:mxm
--with-mxm=/opt/hpcx-v2.0.0-gcc-inbox-redhat6.9-x86_64/mxm

which worked fine without errors, then "make install".  Now would like
to verify that MPICH will use our infiniband network by default (the
cluster also has 1Gbps ethernet network).  Can you let me know some test
commands to run to verify the infiniband devices are used?

Thanks,
--
Chandler / Systems Administrator
Arizona Genomics Institute