[mpich-discuss] how to dynamically schedule process in mpich

Shuwei Zhao shuweizhao1991 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 00:33:37 CST 2018

Hi, Hui,

Thanks for your response, I have already read through the docs that you
said. It's very useful.
although I did some research still have some questions:
IMHO, there are 2 possible ways to do dynamic scheduling of cpu cores:
1. using mpi_comm_spawn to spawn a new hydra_pmi_proxy on a different port
or using mpi_comm_spawn_multiple to spawn new processes on the same port
but my question is that how to start the new processes on a remote machine,
using farm resource manager(qsub,bsub,etc)? *Is there a reserved keyword in
the MPI_info that can qualify for this function?*
2. using mpi_comm_connect to connect an already started mpi application to
connect to another mpi application, but I didn't find some useful testcases
yet. Do you know if this way is possible?

Thanks,
Shuwei