[mpich-discuss] 1. Single file reading by all processors in MPI. 2.Difference between blocking and non-blocking call of MPI_neighbor_alltoallw

hritikesh semwal hritikesh.semwal at gmail.com
Sat May 9 12:02:05 CDT 2020

Hello,

I have following two questions with MPI,

1. Do I need to give a separate input file to each processor in a group or
all of them can read the input from a single file? All data inside the file
should be read by every processor.

2. Can you please tell me what is the difference between
MPI_Neighbor_alltoallw and MPI_Ineighbor_alltoallw? As I read in MPI 3.0
document that MPI_Neighbor_alltoallw also used non-blocking send and
receive inside its execution.

Thank you.