[mpich-discuss] Spawns without mpirun

Zhou, Hui zhouh at anl.gov
Fri Sep 25 10:58:58 CDT 2020

Hi Martin,

I see. Yeah, MPICH (or the project manager hydra) will not work with interactive programs nicely. It might be a potential interest to add a special mode that project manager do not try to take over the input/output. For now, is it possible for your ncurse application to spawn a separate process (via `mpirun -n 1 …`) that can be used to spawn additional processes? I am thinking that your interactive part can be programmed as purely a frontend to your actual MPI processes.

--
Hui Zhou