[mpich-discuss] make testing fails when building from git(main)

Zhou, Hui zhouh at anl.gov
Thu Dec 16 13:59:40 CST 2021

Could you try with the latest git repo? We just merged this PR https://github.com/pmodels/mpich/pull/5722 to fix this issue.

FYI, we have changed the way we configure test suite. In the main branch, test suite, i.e. test/mpi​, is now configured independently from the mpich configure. To run test suite, after build and installing mpich, go to test/mpi​, run
     ./autogen.sh
     ./configure
     make testing

We added rule in the mpich Makefile so make testing​ will do above as a convenience. But if you encounter issues or need customized test configuration, try configure test/mpi separately.

--
Hui Zhou
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/30d95a98b05bdcdc5c065f2271e7272120785210f8cf33aa46c1a0dd0f55f901/pmodels/mpich/pull/5722]<https://github.com/pmodels/mpich/pull/5722>