[mpich-discuss] Trying to work with the MPICH test suite, need a little help processing the results

Heinz, Michael William michael.william.heinz at cornelisnetworks.com
Wed Jul 14 07:49:27 CDT 2021

Hey,

So... I'm working with the MPICH test suite to check for bugs in some pre-release OFI changes I'm working on, but I could use a little help processing the resulting XML files.

First - is there a schema file for the output XML files? (I know about TestResults.xsl but I'm hoping to generate some Excel pivot tables for my managers to view)

Second - I figured out how to exclude individual tests by creating my own testlist files but when I do, the XML output loses information about what type of test is being run. For example, if my test list reads:

                # do the rma tests
                rma

Then the output will have the form:

<MPITEST>
<NAME>sampletest</NAME>
<ARGS></ARGS>
<NP>2</NP>
<WORKDIR>./rma</WORKDIR>
<STATUS>pass</STATUS>
<TIME>0.123456789</TIME>
</MPITEST>

But if my test list reads:

                # do rma/sampletest
                rma/sampletest

then the output will be:

<MPITEST>
<NAME>sampletest</NAME>
<ARGS></ARGS>
<NP>2</NP>
<WORKDIR>./</WORKDIR>
<STATUS>pass</STATUS>
<TIME>0.123456789</TIME>
</MPITEST>

This makes it a bit harder to quickly group error reports by category.

Any suggestions for retaining the working directory in this case?

Thanks in advance.

---
Michael Heinz
Fabric Software Engineer, Cornelis Networks

External recipient