[mpich-discuss] Fortran 08 tests with 'use mpi'

Gregor Corbin g.corbin at fz-juelich.de
Tue Jan 11 02:29:42 CST 2022

Updating the F08 tests to 'use mpi_f08' was mostly straightforward.
However, i ran into problems with three of the tests: irsendf08.f90,
pssendf08.f90 and prsendf08.f90.

With my modified irsendf08 (attached) for example, the test produces
these error messages:

      Nonnull request in irsend and irecv
      [           0 ] Unexpected source:           0  in irsend and irecv
      [           0 ] Unexpected tag:           0  in irsend and irecv
      [           0 ] Unexpected count:           0  in irsend and irecv
    Invalid data   0.0 at    1 of  666 in irsend and irecv
    Invalid data   0.0 at    2 of  666 in irsend and irecv

    Invalid data   0.0 at  666 of  666 in irsend and irecv
       Found          669  errors

That is, the last message from process 1 to 0 is not received correctly.
When I replace the call to MPI_Waitany with Waitall or Wait there are
not errors.

Is there maybe a problem with Waitany or did I just do something wrong?

Gregor