[mpich-discuss] MPICH Test Suite - limit number of processes

Zhou, Hui zhouh at anl.gov
Thu Jan 12 10:29:07 CST 2023

Unfortunately, the number of processes for each test is hardcoded in the testlist files. There is no mechanism for filtering or dynamically modifying them. You could either maintain a custom patch to modify the testlist, or have a script applying a separate xfail list. An example of such xfail list that we used in our internal testing is in test/mpi/maint/jenkins/xfail.conf. If the custom patch solution won't work in your situation, please open an github issue describing your use case, and we can discuss to add a filtering option to the runtests script.

--
Hui