[mpich-devel] fastest shared-memory back-end?

Wesley Bland work at wesbland.com
Mon Dec 16 10:29:30 CST 2019

In MPICH, OFI vs. UCX makes no difference for shared memory since that’s a different module. CH4 vs. CH3 is the only choice that matters in that case.

CH3 vs. CH4 shared memory is pretty close, but it most instances, CH3 is still a little faster. There’s some changes in progress to improve things, but they’re not ready yet.

Thanks,
Wesley