[mpich-discuss] MPICH V3.0.4 - Unable to compile simple code

Junchao Zhang jczhang at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 3 14:52:23 CST 2015

I did not find anything wrong in the log file.  The configure script
detected the alignment of a Fortran common block with one integer is 16, as
shown below

11968 configure:52396: gfortran -o conftest   -O2    conftest.f90
pac_conftest.o -lrt -lpthread   > pac_align1.log 2>&1
11969 configure:52396: $? = 0
11970 configure:52403: diff -b pac_align0.log pac_align1.log > pac_test.log
11971 configure:52406: $? = 0
11972 configure:52495: result: 16

The odd numbers in the warning message "_Cmpifcmb3, _Cmpifcmb5,
_Cmpifcmb7, _Cmpifcmb9"
seem to suggest the actual alignment is affected by neighbor blocks, which
I am not sure. Could you try the new mpich-3.1.4 at
http://www.mpich.org/downloads/? If the problem still exists, I can create
a ticket.
BTW, if you do not need Fortran,  you can configure
with --enable-fortran=none

--Junchao Zhang